WHAT IS A HEADER FILE????
- In simple language we can say that it is the head of any program.
- Our brain contains information within our head. In the same way header files play the role of a brain.
- Header files contains pre written information which the compiler checks on our direction. Eg- #include<stdio.h> stdio.h contains pre written information about printf and scanf commands. - #include<conio.h> conio.h contains commands to read clrscr( ); and getch( );
- We can also think a header file as a library which contains different information.
- All header files end with .h
- You request the use of a header file in your program by including it, with the C preprocessing directive #include like you have seen inclusion of stdio.h header file, which comes along with your compiler.
- The include syntax is #include< file > OR #include " file "
- In C programming language there are many header files which we would encounter one by one.