- All C language programs must have a main() function. It's the core of every program.
- It is like a captain of an entire ship passing orders to the compiler.
- We must always remember in C language anything with ( ) is a function*.
- Without a main function a program can never get executed.
- A main function is what the compiler looks for during the time of compilation. SYNTAX: int main ( ) or void main ( ) NOTE- In int main, the compiler has to return a value, so for the time being just remember that at the end always type return 0 .